If you like going out at night Malaga is the perfect place to be. There are many different types of bars and clubs, which make it possible for everybody to find something they like. Spanish nightlife in general starts very late no matter if you are going out for a drink or for “fiesta”.
In and around Malaga you can find all the bars and discotheques you desire. There are everything from traditional Spanish bars, reggae bars, funk bars, jazz bars to gay and techno clubs.
The different places to go out at night in Malaga are divided by zones. In the old center on Plaza Merced Spanish youngsters starts around 22.00 Thursday to Saturday.
La Malagueta is the modern zone near the beach where the more fashionable people goes out at night.
The last zone in Malaga to go out is the Pedragalejo to the East of the center near the coast. This zone has a lot of bars with terraces and normally there are many tourists and foreign students in this zone.
Going a bit further away (30 minutes by bus) you find the towns Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Marbella which are typical tourist areas with a myriad of bars and some of the biggest and most fashionable discotheques in Spain.
Nightclubs & Discos :
- Sala Gold, Calle Luis de Velázquez 5 – great lights and shows
- MALAFAMA, Pje. Mitjana 1 – new night club with great DJ’s
- Andén, Plaza de Uncibay 8 – big club with two floors and four bars
- Disco Kiu, Sol Y Mar – large disco, centrally located in the busy Sol y Mar Square. Stays open very late, often till 8am. Entrance fee in force at weekends
- Disco Palladium, Av. Palma de Mallorca 36 -nighclub, swimming pool, pizzeria & parking
- Liceo Flamenco, Calle Beatas 21 – different shows every day
- Paka Paya, Calle Juan de Padilla 16 – Disco/Bar with lively atmosphere in Malaga centre